It’s been months since Instagram released their Instagram TV platform that allows Instagram users to post longer videos up to an hour long! Video marketing is so important and effective. If you want to start using Instagram TV for your own business, take a look at our complete guide to Instagram TV from San Diego Marketing.
Create Your Channel
The first step you need to take for incorporating Instagram TV into your video marketing plan is to start by creating a channel. To do this, simply click on the TV symbol on your Instagram home page, click on the settings button and then press “create a channel.” The screen will give you prompts to finish setting up.
Post a Video to Instagram TV
One of the best parts about Instagram TV is that you can upload via Instagram’s desktop site, the Instagram app or the Instagram TV app. To upload a video, click on the TV symbol, head to your channel and press “upload.” Enter in a title and description filled with keywords that will help users find your video. Press the “post a preview” button so that your followers will see a short clip of your video in their newsfeed so they can be prompted to watch the entire video. You can also include relevant hashtags in your video description for more viewers.
Instagram Video Specs
- MP4 format
- Vertical Aspect Ratio 9:16
- Minimum 30 FPS (frames per second) and 720 px resolution
- Maximum files size for videos that are 10 minutes or less is 650 MB
- Maximum file size for videos that are up to 60 minutes is 3.5GB
- Cover Photo Size: 420px by 654px (1:1.55 ratio)
Instagram TV Tips
- Use your stories to post a link to your Instagram TV videos for more views.
- Share all of your IGTV videos to your linked Facebook page for more views.
- Also link your IGTV videos from your Facebook page, blog, twitter, email newsletter or any other marketing you do.
- Optimize your videos for soundless viewing by including captions. Clipomatic is an easy tool to implement captions on your videos.
- Write your title and description with keywords for a search like on YouTube.
- Use relevant hashtags in your description.
- Only post long videos on Instagram TV.
- Maintain your brand image by including the same fonts, colors, themes and your logo in your videos.
Expand Your Instagram Marketing Further
If you want to take your Instagram marketing to the next level, get in touch with our social media experts at San Diego marketing for our different Instagram marketing packages. Give us a call or use our online form to learn more.